04 February 2016
Branch Representative on the Selection Committee (ISC)
The role of the Branch Selection Representative is primarily to represent their home branch during the selection process for SERC international teams and in particular to support, as appropriate, the case for members of their branch being considered for selection.
The specific tasks involved include:
● Liaise with the branch archivist and be aware of the results of all members of their home branch who have put their name forward for selection
● Contact their branch archivist to obtain ride results from previous years regarding prospective team members
● Attend meetings of the International Selection Committee [ ISC]
● Inform the Team Administrator of the results and current performances of members of their home branch and support, as appropriate, the case for selection
● Participate in the selection debate in a candid and even handed manner
● Act as the primary contact between members of the long and short list and the ISC
● Attend, where possible, any ride organised by their home branch that has been identified as a viewing/selection ride
∑ Selectors are expected to give up at least one ride to be on the ground for viewing/selection purposes
● Encourage branch members to put their name forward for selection and, in consultation with the Chairman of the ISC and the Chef Dí Equipe, provide advice, assistance and feedback to members considering, or currently taking part in, the selection process
● Identify and bring to the attention of the ISC members considered capable of contributing to international teams who have not nominated themselves for inclusion in the selection process
● Report back to home branch on the progress of the selection process
● The role of selector is deemed to be complete once the squad for that yearís competition has been declared.
Qualifications and experience
To be able to work in a team
A current full member of SERC with no record of breach of a relevant disciplinary code
Experience of endurance ride events
Use of IT with internet access, email, familiarity of Office applications.
This is an honorary position but reasonable expenses may be met subject to prior agreement.
Updated October 2013