17 December 2017
Tahuna Beach Ride and BBQ
by kind permission of: Mrs Shelley Johnston.
No dogs on the course. All dogs on lead at all times at venue as this is a working sheep farm and there is lambing in progress. If you are able to leave your dog at home, please do so this time. Thank you.
Landranger 38, M.R 995237
From A90 Aberdeen/Ellon turn North East onto A975 (to Newburgh/Cruden Bay). Turn right after 1.5 km signposted 'Mains of Foveran', Ingram's Farm Shop and (big sign) 'Tahuna'. Go for 1km passing Tahuna tack shop on right to venue.
Event Timings: t.b.a.
Marking of route:
Red/white tape will be used to mark the route through the dunes down to the beach. The markers will be on your left hand side unless otherwise specified. Single tape indicates the route, double tape indicates a turn at the next available opportunity.
There will be no detailed talk-round for this ride as the route is straight forward. However, on leaving venue through gate straight down and follow fence line once onto dunes follow markers BEWARE OF RABBIT HOLES ON WAY TO DUNES. On reaching estuary turn right along beach (passing A) until you reach Balmedie (marker B in bucket of sand or CP). Retrace steps until A turn left and follow markers back through dunes (short section of 2 way traffic in dunes).
PLEASE TAKE GREAT CARE AND KEEP YOUR SPEED UNDER CONTROL. OTHER PEOPLE WILL BE USING THE BEACH ON THE DAY THERE MIGHT BE DOGS OFF LEADS, CHILDREN PLAYING, SURFERS, KITES FLYING ETC. BE AWARE THAT RIDERS WILL BE COMING FROM BOTH DIRECTIONS ON THE BEACH.
To give everyone the opportunity to socialize we are having a BBQ after the ride. There will be beef and veggie burgers & buns and some cakes available to buy. Any profit will go to the club. Please bring your own drinks. Anyone wishing to corral their horse while they enjoy the BBQ after the ride, must bring their own corral equipment complete with working electrical unit and set their corral up in the designated area.
Beach Ride: Newcomers and New members:
· On arrival before your vetting time, report to caravan and handover, or obtain and complete,
A5 medical card. If you need help to complete your vet sheet admin helper can advise.
· Collect numbered bib.
· Check notice board for route changes or other instructions on the day.
· Present horse without tack for vetting to competent person, wearing your bib and carrying vetsheet.
· Tack up and put on bumbag with first aid kit (if you dont own one you can hire one from caravan)
and go to start with your vet sheet. Hand vet sheet to starter/timekeeper.
· Enjoy the ride and at finish collect your finish card from starter/timekeeper. This tells you how
long you have before vetting.
· Remove tack. Sponge horse down if necessary (not if too cold) and present for vetting to
competent person within allocated time.
· Return bib to caravan and collect medical card and results/rosette.